The attendance at Thursday’s game ranks eighth of the 11 Birmingham Bowls that have been played. Its largest crowd was in December 2015, when Auburn beat Memphis 31-10 before an announced crowd of 59,430.
The game – a 46-39 Bulls overtime victory – featured a heaping helping of big plays. Those plays produced some Birmingham Bowl firsts, and records.
- First overtime game
- Most combined points (85)
- Most points by an individual team (USF – 46)
- Most points in a half (USF – 29)
- Most combined total yards of offense (950)
- Most yards of total offense (South Carolina – 481)
- Most individual rushing touchdowns (Quinton Flowers, USF – 3)
- Touchdowns responsible for (Quinton Flower, USF – 5)
- Most points (Quinton Flowers, USF – 18)
- Most passing yards (Jake Bentley, South Carolina – 390)
Most passing completions (Jake Bentley, South Carolina – 32)
- Most receptions (Deebo Samuel, South Carolina – 14)
Most receiving yards (Deebo Samuel, South Carolina – 190)
- Most all-purpose yards (Deebo Samuel, South Carolina – 290)
- Most first downs (South Carolina – 27)
- Total offensive plays (USF – 80).